Accounting Manager Job Responsibilities:
The responsibilities include developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting accurate financial information to the company’s three (3) owners; supervise, track and evaluate all daily accounting activities within the accounting department. The position requires a high level of administrative coordination between all levels of the company’s supply chain from sales through production and installation.
- Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; cash flow forecasting and management; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Monitoring and analyzing accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports.
- Maintains accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts; defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing accounting regulations; recommending new procedures.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager or Finance Manager
- Advanced computer skills in QuickBooks Enterprise Edition is a must. As well as MS Office especially and Excel
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to direct and supervise
- BS degree in Accounting with a focus in Managerial Accounting and experience with Cost Accounting
- Good understanding of payroll, state sales & use tax, personal property tax and corporate tax laws and filing preparation requirements.
- Basic HR relating to benefit administration of medical, dental, and retirement plans
Salary Range – $45,000 to $60,000 per year
Please submit your resume to [email protected], NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.